View Single Post
Old 2007-09-17, 06:57 AM

Re: Is there an alternative to playable data DVDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
but then the SA player might not read the disc due to the fact that there are unknown file formats instead of the accepted _TS folder structure [worth a try none the less]

ROBLOV -- the other option is to do what i do, burn a data copy for archiving [this includes all info/md5s, etc and is what i use to copy from for trading/seeding]...then burn a separate DVD-Video copy as my "watchable"

because honestly, if you want to keep the show for a long time &/or plan on trading/seeding the show, you dont want to damage the disc by watching it, scratching it up, etc
@AAR.oner: Up to now, i've always burned a video DVD of a given show with the purpose of watching it and a data DVD of the same show with the purpose of archiving (that's exactly what you do.) But, when i learned the possibility of making playable data DVDs i thought it was a nice solution to this "duplication problem" i had to go through every time i wanted to put a DVD torrent to disk. It seems i won't be able to make them play on my DVD player. Bad luck. Your advice about archiving is good and well, i'll have to stick to it by force anyway.

Peace & thanks,

Roblov.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes