View Single Post
Old 2005-08-12, 06:02 PM
Non Serviam

Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
If I can spot one error I'm absolutely positive about, then I'm sure the list owner did much the same in 'determining' lineage on the rest. (Personally, I see it like this: If I spot one or two obvious mistakes, #1. I would be hesitant to accept the veracity of anything else on his list. I might trade, but I would not believe his "lineage" -- sorry if you or anyone doesn't understand that, but I have over 35 years of collecting experience behind me. This is a lesson that one learns through all facets of the collecting experience, not something gleaned by sitting behind a computer keyboard.)
OK , freezer, I do not think Mr. Losin was or is a taper, just a very determined collector. So the lesson is, if we do not tape the show ourselves, or know the taper, or at least correspond with the taper, then all lineage (and by "lineage" I mean lineage from the SOURCE recording) is suspect. Also, lineage can be fabricated. Lesson learned.

BTW, to others, I do not think this discussion has been off-topic, only perhaps filled with distractions and (sometimes biting, stinging) humor.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes