View Single Post
Old 2006-06-13, 05:24 PM

Another firewall question (I know, I know...)

Okay guys and gals, I've had problems with firewalls all my life. For the first time I'm living on my own and control the internet settings so I figure I finally can live firewall free, and suddenly I find myself in the thick of it once again! I have a 5mbit cable connection hooked up to a Wireless Router and then a hardline into my computer (the wireless part is for the laptop). The router make and model is Belkin F5D7230-4, and the client I'm using is BitComet. I went to PortForward.com and did everything it says to do. I no longer have the red FIREWALLED by my username, but I'm noticing that I'm not connecting to all the peers. The connected seeds/peers on one torrent is [0/6] out of [5/14] and the other is [0/3] out of [3/8]. I'm not sure if it matters that I'm merely seeding these two torrents, or what. I'm really hoping to get this issue resolved because I hate being firewalled. This router is a pain in the ass but I need the wireless connection. Am I still firewalled or is it normal to not connect to that many users while not firewalled? Thanks for reading this much and any help/advice.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes