View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 05:25 PM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Is it just me, or has this whole thing just gotten utterly ridiculous? I mean, it's like two kids in the sandbox who don't like each other fighting and arguing because neither one of them is big enough to either (A)say "I was wrong. I'm sorry" or (B) just stop talking to each other and let the whole thing die a quick death; like the guy who says the last thing is the one who wins.

Quite frankly, with all of this arguing and such, I think nobody wins. Tapers are holding back shows (which quite frankly is their right, since they own the master recording) and people are bickering back and forth, sometimes across multiple sites. And then, people who hear about this "great community" (or that "great community") come here (or go there) and see all of this foolishness and think to themselves "some 'great community' this is!"

Bottom line is that we're all human, and we don't have to like each other. But we should at least show respect to everybody, even if we don't agree with them. I agree with freezer

Quote:
You want respect....then you NEED to earn it.
But when you feel disrespected by somebody else, isn't it pretty natural to come back at them slinging mud? I'm not saying it's right, but don't we all do that - at least from time to time? And to make matters worse, we all feel like it's our place to jump into the argument (yes, I realize I'm pretty much doing that here, but I am trying to stay neutral). This is definitely something that should have been kept private, but I also realize that is extremely tough to do when the comments (on both sides) are made in public places.

I have one question (each) for the two biggest players in this whole thing, then I'll go away (for the time being)

Sebastian: Did you really think that when you released this recording to the public that you could really keep it off of any particular site or stop it from being re-encoded to mp3 (which I understand has happened and is now circulating)?

Bodhisattva: You said you felt very strongly about not having this recording up on your site, but after talking to others there, you changed your mind. Why not stick to the courage of your convictions and let the fans there seek the recording out elsewhere?