View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 05:14 PM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian
Show me that text file. It was never part of the torrent.

Yeah, for most sane people, that's quite obvious

You should really listen to the new songs more. They could help burn the lies off your soul...
this will be my last post on the matter, as everything else is fluff from people trying to continue some battle.

I don't have your source. i have shared it with others, (right now around 2500 people total between AUD1 and AUD2) i did seee it tagged at the top of your post here, and I assumed it was in your source as well, but like I said, I had not viewed it, so I am wrong in saying it was in your source text. Your message of hate seemed to initially only be posted here.

As for lies and my soul.. you haven't the faintest idea whats going on with my soul, and i'm not sure you need to worry about that. we are all on our path, where you go with your life isn't my concern.

And it really was great of you to release your show, but if you planned on posting more negativity about other pumpkins fans when you release shows than maybe the scene is better off without your sources.

If other tapers want to chime in with you, thats their perogative. They must realize though that they are allowing your personal issues with one or two people control their relationship with the fans, which is low. You had issues with mixwell and JellyBelly, plain and simple. You can tell them its about people making money off your source, issues that seriously have no merit as no one, at least on our site, has gained a dime due to your source being there.

People who have connected to your torrent only see a ratio increase, as have not been counting download bytes. If you think it through logically you would realize that if it was a funding issue, we are giving it away for free, and allowing people to better their ratio with no negative effects. How can we be making money off of that if we are interested in supposedly selling credits? Do you understand?

Also, with the Direct Downloads I have donated the usage of three servers that I had sitting idle, in the name of zomb torrents. These servers have sent out nearly 2500 GB since the shows went on them. I had bandwidth to use on them, timing was right, and I felt obligated to share the music with anyone who wanted to download it.

Much of that devotion, to give this music to the fans comes from my years as an administrator on the official smashing pumpkins site and the official zwan site. I, along with many of you, had been waiting for this for years. Such a joyous occasion, and at least there were some facets that I could share this music with people without having to be made to feel like some leper for bringing people FREE LIVE MUSIC.

Those who are interested can see the post in the news section on the official smashing pumpkins site. http://smashingpumpkins.com/membernews_568

Sebastian, if you would like to continue to converse you can PM me here, possibly even email. I am not about continuing a grudge or perpetuating conflict. I prefer to resolve issues and I believe as time passes we will all be able to view the situation better.

I don't believe we were right or wrong, and I don't think you were really totally righteous or wrong either. It just happened, at least people got the music and at least one of the best bands to ever exist is touring again and the old songs live again.

And as stated, I'm not bothering with the other antagonizers here. Its over, there is no need to keep this going. I only hope for understanding and tolerance between all parties involved here. We're all in in it for the music, regardless how we all feel about each other.