View Single Post
Old 2005-12-27, 10:26 PM
TTD Staff

Re: uTorrent 1.3 & DHT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfstep
Thanks for the response Five.
Here is a copy/paste from Dime where µTorrent is mentioned.

... cut ....

So, if I am reading this correctly, it seems torrents posted before 5/31/05 can not be downloaded with µTorrent.
It also appears too me that the news posting on 12/21/05 Dime comes close to recomending µTorrent (last sentence).

I think I may just shut it off and see what happens - a little trial and error never hurts I suppose.
Yes, that confused me also. In one post they are saying they don't like uTorrent, but then they recommend it in the next one.

The thing about the BitLord clients is that they pound a tracker to the point that the tracker finally gives up trying to talk to it. If you select the Peers List here and see a person listed several times, chances are they are using a BitLord type client. I know absolutely nothing about uTorrent (and actually only what I've read about BitLord) since I am on a Mac and those clients aren't available to me.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes