Thread: What is a SBE?
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-03, 02:33 PM

Re: What is a SBE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
Does any of this above discussion pertain to shows transferred to cd-r on a stand-alone burner?

I'm concerned, because a stand-alone is what I use to transfer shows from 30+ year old master cassettes, and some of those cassettes will be forever "retired" directly after the transfer.

I don't want to introduce any new noises to these shows, as I did that while recording.

Does any of the discussion pertain to shows initially recorded/captured on a stand-alone burner?
That's an excellent question Freezer. I'm not an expert on SBEs and don't burn with a stand-alone but can report the following.

I checked for SBEs on the WWOZ October 2004 Pledge Drive set that you transfered and that JCrab66 converted and seeded. There are no SBEs in the log. Check with JCrab66 to see if he had to fix SBEs when he converted. If he didn't, transfering using a stand alone should be okay. (He didn't mention fixing SBEs in the release notes.) Can anyone with more experience/knowledge of stand-alones confirm that Freezer's transfers would be problem free using his stand-alone?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes