View Single Post
Old 2008-03-16, 07:55 AM

Unhappy Comcast, Uploads, and I'm Screwed...

Man, I can't believe this. After years of watching Bit Torrent sites and only being able to download stuff at work (which was highly frowned upon), I finally got rid of dial-up. I was so happy the day the Comcast people hooked me up and I got my wireless up and running.

After all my initial set-up, I signed up here and at DAD. It hasn't taken me long to figure out somethings wrong. My share ratio is in the toilet even though I stay on for hours and hours. It seems nobody can "see" me once I finnish the d/l. I assumed it was my firewall/router, but I checked with one of the programs linked here and the site can "see" me just fine.

After some searching here, I found my issue...of course it's Comcast. I've read many threads and think they are stopping my uploads all together. Wtf is that all about? I see that there has been much debate and lawsuits, etc, with no resolution for us. What can I do? Comcast is the only game in town here so I have no options.

I've searched both "Comcast" and "Sandvine", but no solution comes to me.

So put me in the "Loser/A-hole Share Ratio Thread" because I don't know what to do.

HELP ME!!!
Dan
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes