View Single Post
Old 2007-02-05, 10:18 AM

Re: md5 / text file database?

jeez, i don't understand why everyone seem so worked up over this SUGGESTION! i do use etree for audio, but they don't allow video. as for the aerosmith example, i understand that all that is here and how to find it, but what about shows that haven't been seeded here, but are common ones that people here trade, like phish, GD, etc.. it's like the standards here only go so far. if you download something here it's great, you get everything with it and it's all peachy. but, if you trade from someone here 90% of the time they don't have the info, etc for the show and usually seem like they don't care about it. i just got the beatles anthology vine in the mail, and the discs are a little scratched up, but whatever, shit happens. so, before i just blindly copied them and send them on their merry way, i took the time to find the md5s, etc for them, and guess what? 8 out of 10 discs didn't even come close to checking out! that means that everyone who got it before me got corrupted copies and are going to spread them around and "polute the pool" as they say. it was cool that i could find them with a little searching, but it kind of sucks that most people don't care about mantaining quality, especally since that's supposed to be what this site is all about. my original SUGGESTION was if we had a db for that info, maybe people would stick to it more, hence maintaining quality control. another example is that i got 2 kick ass phish shows through a trade here that i've been looking for awhile, but since i got them through a trade, i got no info with them. well, it just so happens neither were seeded here, so there is no where to find that info without trying to write people who might have it. i would even like to seed them here, but for all i know they might me corrupted as well. so, you see, this was just a suggestion to benefit the whole community, nothing to get your panties in a bunch over, just discuss with an open mind....
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes