Thread: Strange FAs
View Single Post
Old 2005-09-05, 11:29 AM

Strange FAs

First I want to say that this is my first post in this section and thanks in advance to everyone who can help me out. I have been checking shows I received in trades for mp3 sources for years already, but last week I got two shows in I'm absolutely not sure about whether they are lossless or not. I did a frequency analysis on them as usual and first it looked quite ok, as there were no cuts in the spectral line or anything like that. But then I noticed that the spectral line from 0 to 11 khz and from 11 to 22 khz look almost identical. (Sorry it's hard for me to explain it better, but I think it becomes obvious when looking at the screenshots.)

I have never seen such a FA before and as I got them both from the same trader I suspected that maybe they had been mp3 sourced and someone manipulated the FA somehow to make them look like lossless. I know this sounds strange and I can hardly imagine how that could be done, but would that be possible? Is anyone able to tell me if these are "true" lossless sources which I can trade? Both are audience recordings in not so great quality, but they are the only sources available, one is from '78 the other one from '81. Thanks in advance for any help.

Here are the screenshots(I will post SAs as well if necessairy):

Last edited by tilomagnet; 2005-09-28 at 06:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes