View Single Post
Old 2005-04-26, 07:07 PM
dare to discover

shntool cxx error / 1 channel mono files... don't need help anymore.

Okay, so I have 3 files that were fixes for a couple sets of music. Specifically, one for the Beatles AB Road series from Purple Chick and two for the Complete BBC series, 2004 update. They come up on shntool with the cxx "error", meaning they aren't CD quality. So last time I had this situation it turned out they were 48kHz files. However, this time they don't seem to be 48kHz. AnalFreq accepts the wavs to anazlyze which it wouldn't with 48kHz files, but EAC says no, no, no, they aren't 44.1kHz files. So I looked at the file properties just using windows and they all say they are 44, 16bit files, bitrate =705 and they are 1 ch. mono. Now it only says 44, not 44.1, but that could just be how windows displays it. I am going to install Audition after I defrag my C drive and see if I can figure out how to see what the file specs are with that. Okay, so I defragged and then found out I had already installed Audition.

So the only way I found to tell me the file properties was to go to "convert sample" where it then told me "convert from 44.1Hz 16 bit to..." So it says they are 44.1. Okay now I just found the "additional info to be stored..." button which shows me the file properties.
So what's the deal with these files? Is it showing that cxx error and is EAC not accepting them becuase they are 1 channel mono files? I'm guessing yes. I just checked another file in the BBC set and it's 2 channel. But based on the fact that it compresses from almost 17mb down to 3.5mb in flac I would think it's mono as well, right? So what do I do with the 1 channel files?

Did anyone else get these files and come across this problem? Jamie? You seem to have gotten all the Beatles stuff...

Last edited by feralicious; 2005-04-26 at 10:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes