View Single Post
Old 2008-06-12, 08:39 PM
Fuck 2024

Re: Anyone else getting 100 KB/sec upload with Comcast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I've noticed in the last couple weeks I'm getting 100 KB/sec upload when previously it was 40 KB/sec. I guess they upped it. I know there's a premium service where you can pay for faster uploads and downloads but I didn't opt for that. Maybe this was their response to all of the internet articles about them fucking with Bit Torrenting.
This just started happening to me about 5 days ago. I thought it was a fluke , so I didn't want to get too excited about it, but maybe they are starting to change their shitty ways or something?

I had almost switched to ATT DSL over the sandvine thing, 'cos it's the only other game in town. However their routers suck and I'd have to pay an extra 5 bucks a month for a static ip so I wouldn't be firewalled.

Anyway, my previous speed was capped between 40-50 kbs, so now it has more than doubled. I'm not paying the extra 10 bucks either. I am still using encryption and the free Wipfw (or something like that) firewall from RedHat.

I thing they must be changing this one region at a time. I live in the Southeast. Where else is this happening?

Anyway, until I hear otherwise, I'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop. I still don't trust this company, and I hate that they are the "best", well fastest-speed isp in my area.

~Dorothy Parker
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes