View Single Post
Old 2005-07-28, 01:14 PM
You are TOO

Re: Your thoughts about Azureus please

Thanks, I was looking for that thread.

Well, that's kinda what I wanted to hear in this thread - people's negative experiences. So far, with the exception of it using slightly more CPU than my prior client, it's not too bad. The comments about it's interface, it being "slow" (whatever that means), and it being crap are all opinons. Those I'll discard.

The ones like the AV going nuts are what I'm interested in. If I experience too many of the same problems everyone else is having, then I'll consider going to another client because most likely, the problem is with the client. If my experiences are different, I'll first try to determine if it's me/my system or a problem with the client.

Though I haven't experienced this yet, I suspect that person may not have their AV configured correctly or it's just a bad AV prorgam. My AV hasn't complained at all.

The large footprint - it may be large, but so far I'm handling that easily with only 256MB of RAM on the computer it's running on, so not a problem there.

I know I said Azureus was off my list, but BitTornado still crashes itself when I try to run it. I'm not going to invest any more time in trying to figure that one out. ABC was the other possibility, but I haven't heard enough positive things about it yet.

Azureus has so many more options and gives more information than I'm used to and I'd just hate to invest the time to get to know it when I may be wasting my time and that's the reason for my wanting negative comments - so I can look for those things specifically.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes