View Single Post
Old 2005-03-07, 05:36 PM
h_vargas

Re: Redoing cue points (or chapter points) on DVDs

rherron - what does the menu on the Sting DVD you're referring to look like? i suspect the DVD was made using a standalone DVD recorder, as they typically insert the 'random' chapter points in approximately every 5 minutes.

there are several ways you can adjust the 'cue points' on the DVD (i think they're technically called 'chapter points' or 'chapter markers,' but whatever, i know what you're talking about). if the DVD has a menu you like - or if you want to be lazy and not re-do everything, just correct the placement of the chapter points - then all you have to do is save the DVD to your hard drive (everything in the VIDEO_TS folder). then use a program to manually change the chapter points. (i believe IFOEdit can be used for this. it's quite a powerful piece of software.)

another way is to rip the audio and video streams from the DVD, import them into a DVD authoring program, then (re-)author the DVD. during the process of authoring, you can add chapter points, background images for the menus, and so forth.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes