View Single Post
Old 2006-06-15, 11:39 PM
skodechoker

Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi420
bittorrent is a type of trading. The seeder, person 0, shares to person 1, who ul to person 2, who ul to person 3 etc etc etc.... As in my earlier example.
No its not a type of trading. Its still sharing. What does the original seeder get in exchange? A trade is something for something. The word trade is not applicable to this site unless two individuals have an agreement that Party A will seed this, if Party B seeds that. A torrent is not a trade, its sharing. Completely different things.

The rules of this site state:

Quote:
While we don't enforce any sort of Share Ratio Requirement on this site, we do ask that people try to seed a show to close to a 1:1 ratio. If this is not possible for you, then please do your part by sharing the shows by offering B&Ps or by starting a Vine for the show.
Operative words being try, or if its not possible than do your part by sharing by offering B&Ps and/or vines.

What I've done so far is offer B&Ps of what I download and gladly take requests from people who want something off my list that Ive gotten in straight trades (less than 20% of what I have on my list Ive downloaded) and with the vines Ive started have it's been things I would like to seed but can't so Im adding to the pool that way. If anything I would say Ive been ADDING to the site. My first posts were offers of freebies!

You're looking at one side of the coin completely in your argument. Not all bad ratios can be avoided for a variety of reasons, you dont know the particulars in any case of anyone who is below your "median" of 0.99 or whatever it is. You assume everything with your "scientific method". There are many cases of people with issues you havent taken into account. I hate to quote him but "Look at the big picture".

Also it works negatively with people with good ratios as well. Whos to say someone with a spectacular ratio doesnt do B&Ps, freebies or vines? They're in no way obligated to because of the seed, but someone else needs to step to the plate.

The seeder makes the decision to share the show, with nothing in return.

Last edited by skodechoker; 2006-06-15 at 11:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes