View Single Post
Old 2006-06-15, 11:20 PM
skodechoker

Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi420
n
Also, the only reason people are good snail mail traders is so that they can continue to trade amongst their peers. If someone is totally altruistic, then they will offer up freebies, or at the very least b&p's.
Who says I dont do that?

Quote:
Trading is what someone does because they want something from someone else and to get that something else, they trade something of equal value.
Which has NOTHING to do with torrents! A bad ratio does not indicate that someone will not come through on a trade.

Quote:
Now, as for online trading, if people do not contribute back by uploading their fair share, they cause all of their peers and seeders to take up the slack for them. This is not fair to anyone...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trade
trade (trd)
n.
5. An exchange of one thing for another.

I deleted the definitions that did not apply.

"Online trading" as you so eloquently put it is not applicable in regards to torrents. When you seed a show you are not trading but SHARING you get NOTHING in return for seeding a show unless you have a deal in place with someone else.

Quote:
All I ask is that people return the favors of others by sharing what they download... SHARE THE GROOVE!
Until the people that run this place put a ratio system in the rules, no one is obligated to do that. Secondly, everything Ive downloaded off here for the most part is dead, I jumped on things very late and left when there were 0 leechers. I do not feel that I should be forced to seed something when no one else wants it, and I want to make room off my hard drive.

I've agreed with you 50,000 fucking times I have an awful ratio but NO ONE has stated a case how a bad ratio would equal a bad snail mail trade which was the essence of this argument from the get go. You can assume that, but in no instance has it been proven or justified.

Quote:
skodechoker, you are a disgrace to the online trading community
How so? I have NEVER gone bad on a TRADE. As for sharing and torrents, if something is in need of a seed and I still have it on my hard drive I gladly turn it on. Your argument has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Last edited by skodechoker; 2006-06-15 at 11:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes