View Single Post
Old 2005-07-07, 09:35 AM

Re: Non PAL Floyd Live8 PLEASE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4candles
Being a PAL->NTSC conversion, would that DVD be allowed on TTD?
Can someone point to the spot in the "rules" where a proper PAL>NTSC is not allowed. I'm as much of a digital purist as the next guy, but come on... Let's pay a little attention to the tools and talent that go into a seed, and not just a partial view of misunderstood specs. I've seen many DVDs round these (and other) parts that sure enough are high bitrate, but absolute dogshit encoding...I've made VCDs that look better. Or classic video sourced from old VHS with lo-fi mono soundtracks, yet it has to be spread across multiple discs because this marginal audio is presented in full "lossless" PCM glory. Hey, it's lossles, it's gotta be good!

Props are due to all seed creators. But EXTRA props to those with the right tools who know how to use them.

Converting between PAL and NTSC is not trivial, and when done properly should be embraced by "the scene". There's a hell of a lot more to DVD authoring than "what's the bitrate...what's the bitrate...what's the bitrate..."

That said, I look forward to a Harvested upgrade to the XviD-sourced (but great looking) NTSC Live8 DVD. It would be a shame if people here missed out due to technical ignorance.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes