View Single Post
Old 2005-11-13, 01:44 AM
TTD Staff

Re: cygwin1.dll

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaadbell
... I reinstalled the new version 1.0.0 Beta 1 (Build 72). All of the files mentioned above except cygwin1.dll were deposited in my Windows directory. Now I already have a couple of copies of cygwin1.dll, one in my Windows/System32 directory, but not in C:\Windows. Did the TLH install package know I had a copy of cygwin1.dll, or is it not part of the installation package? ...
"cygwin1.dll" is part of the installation package, but if Setup detects an existing version of it on your machine it will not install it (some users reported problems with more than one version of the DLL installed). If Trader's Little Helper works fine on your machine change nothing. If not (error message "at least one subcomponent was not found") just move (not copy) cygwin1.dll from your Windows\System32 directory to your Windows directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaadbell
... [Side question - where is a reliable place for people to download just cygwin1.dll? When you go to the http://www.cygwin.com/, it looks like you have to download a package - I don't see any way to just get the DLL file.] ...
Just google a bit, there are lots of sites. But for the most updated version (not needed for Trader's Little Helper) it's better to use the link above. Before the download starts there's a menu where you can select what you want to download. I never managed it to just d/l "cygwin1.dll" but you can reduze the size of the download to a few megs.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes