View Single Post
Old 2011-01-27, 02:04 PM
Playin in the Banned

Re: Why don't you visit the Lounge @ TTD? (public poll)

For the record, I find myself spending less time here NOT because of the content but because of changes in my life. Work is considerably busier, I've got greater responsibility at home, and I have other distractions (Facebook, Fantasy Football which I started playing because of TTD). I like what CC said regarding the ignore feature. I dont' employ the "feature" per se, but if people or topics or threads bother me, I steer clear. The Zep Lineage threads and Politics forums are two examples.

There are other long time/old time members of this forums who rarely or never post here anymore. I can say with some accuracy that they are in the same or similar situation as I am; life doesn't afford the message board hang out time it once did. So regardless of the amount of moderation, increase or decrease in the enforcement of rules, etc, none of it will have as much impact on my time spent here as all of the real life factors that already dictate how much time I spend @ TTD, what threads I post in and who I choose to "socialize' with.

If put to an official and binding vote, I'd vote against any increase in rules and enforcement and such. This place and its predecessor have ALWAYS ebbed and flowed with regards to the amount of trolling, nastiness and personal attacks along with the moderation of those activities. Six and a half years later, TTD is still here and things seem to work themselves out. That's not to say that anyone else's opinion is wrong, I'm just offering mine.

:2cents:

"I love Bobby...hes been singing truckin for 40 years and still doesn't get the lyrics right.....but then he can deliver desolation row without a hitch!!! yea that makes sense!?! VERY grateful dead of him." --IggyM

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes