View Single Post
Old 2007-07-11, 04:57 PM

Re: Sound volume question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
okay now it is all coming clear!

you can control the volume level on the deck. you can only do it when a disc is inserted and you are in rec-pause mode....the other problem is that the manual levels have a value of between 0-30, and it will remember any setting except if it is below 13 it will stay at 13. 8-11 is usually best for recording live shows, so this is another thing that has to be tinkered with everytime you put in a disc.
0-30 is the range i have for the *playing* volume on mine - is that what you're talking about ?
What i usually set on the recorder is the *recording* level - depending on the band, venue, etc. i usually land between 11 and 13, and that brings me just before distortion.

Quote:
low sensitivity is necessary as well (at least it can remember that).
and at least i've got one thing right :-s

Quote:
also, looking at your frequency response it looks like you're still in default hi-sp recording mode. it cuts off abruptly at 19.5kHz (see 2nd-last pic in this thread), which is not something you should see with 44.1/16bit LPCM WAV + CSBs. Be sure to check that setting, change it to LPCM WAV.
You're right - all the other recordings i did were PCM, on the contrary to this one. I was trying to see whether by going in hi-sp it would maybe solve some of my problems. And i knew the set would be longer than 1hr34, and that i wouldn't have any time to change the mcd either.

Thank you so much for all the tips and links and all - i'll go looking for these, then..
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes