View Single Post
Old 2006-06-13, 08:01 PM
skodechoker

Re: BAD trader, Liar= Ragu420 Ragu421 whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi420
I have to disagree...taking more than you give causes problems and torrents die early. By dl 500kbps and ul only 5kbps as you mention you do, this means that you are robbing others of downloading that torrent since you are stealing all of the bandwidth...irregardless of whether it is isp-limited or not (everybody is isp-limited bandwidth btw).
Simply put, if you do not share back what is shared to you, then you are depriving others of the music experience. That is great that you do mail trades, but how does that help out those that are stranded on torrents? It doesn't.
If everyone tried to share back what the receive via bittorrent, then the torrents would never die, and people would never get stranded...
Did you even read what I posted? I joined this site in April, probably 90% of the torrents Ive jumped on are dead because they were light as it was and I wanted to catch up to some of the great stuff thats been on here and I seeded till others were done. If someone jumps on one of those I gladly jump back on as long as its still on my harddrive. If you're so adamant about ratios then get on the owners to start enforcing a ratio. Torrents die not just because of leechers jumping off, lack of interest plays a big role too, especially if they've been aroudn the block for a while. Its even suggested by the owners to give back in other ways which I make every effort to do.

I dont understand how people are being robbed by my upload speed. I do the best I can on that angle, and if no one else is on the torrent and I jump off, who is getting robbed? The person who may or may not jump on someday? Is someone obligated to keep that torrent running constantly? Theres nothing in the rules that say anything of what you've said.

You take this wayyyyyyyyyyy too personal. Its one thing if someone rips you off in a snail mail trade, its another if theres 1 seeder and a leecher finishes a download and jumps off before the others finish which I have not and would not do.

And yet the point Ive been trying to make from the get go was ignored...

A Snail Mail trade does not equate to a ratio. You cannot tell if someone is going to rip you off in a snail mail trade by their ratio, its one thing if its your prerogative not to trade with that person but to assume that publically is a fallacy.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes