View Single Post
Old 2007-03-20, 10:58 PM
Music of the Spheres

Re: not a valid bencoded string error?

I use bittorrent 4.4.0 on a linux platform (can't compile newer versions, I have bittorrent 5.0.7 sitting here to test, and bittornado 0.3.18, but haven't tested them out yet, not while I have torrents going).

I just saw another post in this forum about the same error and it was suggested to move the existing files for a minute, redownload, then pause the download, move the partial files back and resume. I'll see if that works for me.. The prob started when Bittorrent decided to freeze (it does that every 2-3 days, I guess it has a mem leak.)

One of the files that gave that error was:

Rush-Matrix Atlanta 2002-10-13 Reloaded.torrent among a few others.. Curiously, another torrent from TD didn't cause an error.. As far as I could find from a google search, the only advice I found was to just let the tracker sort out the error, it's an internal bug or somn..I dunno..

Anyway, yep moving the files for a minute then restarting the torrent, etc, seems to to do trick.

Hopefully the admins can give more info about the error and maybe even fix the server, I haven't seen this happen on other trackers.. I'll check the other bt clients when I get a chance.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes