View Single Post
Old 2006-03-10, 11:31 AM
Non Serviam

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

Lynn - Following your template above, and using the ny1976-03-04 hempsall tree as an example, from their notes and my own listening I would get something like this for the lineage:

From hempsall 8/8/05 tree (shn branch)

Source 1:
aud>?>"Another Osaka"(bootleg)>?>(amplified, normalized)>?>hempsall CRr(M)>EAC>wav>shn

Source 2:
aud>?>"Dancing Across The Water"(bootleg)>?>(amplified, normalized, edited)>?>hempsall CDr(M)>EAC>wav>shn

Source 1 was the superior source, a very good aud, a bit bright but with good stereo seperation and less crowd noise distraction

Source 2 is more bass heavy and muffled, with more talking and other crowd noise, fair/good to my ears.

Source 1 used from 0:34 of track 3 to the end of track 9
Source 2 used for remainder.

Source transition in track 3 volume matched, but still rather abrubt due to differences in quality.

Lynne, so just to clarify, is the above lineage legal for The Trader's Den, or does this violate Rule 5?

(As an aside, in the Neil Young trading community, hempsall trees are well-known and get widely circulated. I would like to seed it here, since the st5s would be archived, and also as a "tribute" to the latest Neil Young seeder here).

Thanks!
-Guy
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes