TTD Staff

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarkane
ok, this lineage stuff is very confusing to me. Are any of these legal?:

SDB > DENON DTR 100P > M. PEMBERTON DAT MASTER >
M. WINFREE DAT CLONE > M. WINFREE DAT CLONE >
HHB STAND ALONE BURNER > R. MCDANIEL CDR > EAC > MKW SHN
This looks fine. In fact, it's kinda nice that they've included the names of everyone's DAT copies so that you know exactly where this source came from. I might lable the R. MCDANIEL CDR as a CDR(0) but that's just getting picky.

Quote:
Source: Soundboard > Sony TCD-D3
Transfer: DAT (master) > Sony stand-alone burner > CD-R (master) > CD-R (1) > CD-R (2) > EAC v0.95b3 (secure) > FLAC Frontend 1.7.1 (level 8)
This also looks fine as long as there are no copies of the show circulating that are closer to the original source such as from the DAT or CDR masters. Also, if you wanted to you could put ? between CD-R (1) > CD-R (2) just to indicate that you are not sure what was used to burn the discs.

Quote:
Sony ECM-DS70P > Sony WM-D6C > cassette (master) > Philips stand-alone audio burner > CD-R (master) > CD-R (1) > CD-R (2) > EAC v0.95b3 (secure) > FLAC Frontend 1.7.1 (level 8))
Same as number two.

Quote:
SONIC STUDIOS MICS > SONY TCD-D8 > J.W. DAT MASTER > M.W. DAT CLONE > HHB STAND ALONE BURNER > CDR > EAC WAV > MKW SHN)
Same as the first one.

Quote:
Source: Earthworks SR71's > Graham Patton DMIC20 > Sony M-1
Transfer: DAT > PC (via Sony Digital-Optical Cable) > Soundforge > CD Architect > CDRs > EAC (copy and test tracks) > shn
This looks fine but the I would do a bit of research. CD Architect > CDRs > EAC.....is that s after CDRs a typo? Does that mean that there are multiple CDR copies there? If so then it should read CD Architect > CDR(0) > ? > CDR(x) > EAC. If, not it should just read CD Architect > CDR (0) > EAC

Quote:
Source: Earthworks SR71's > DMic20 > Tascam DA-P1
Transfer: ??? > CD Trade (Nov 2005) > EAC > FlacFrontEnd (Level 8
This is also fine. I would chage CD Trade (Nov 2005) to CDR(x)

Quote:
I'm sorry if this is really annoying. I suck at computers.
The issue with TTD is not that you need a master source, just annotate as much info as you can so that we know whether it's the best source possible.
I'm always up for a trade <--Best viewed using anything but Internet Explorer.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes