View Single Post
Old 2013-07-28, 09:38 AM
TTD Staff

Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfarf View Post
How many worker-hours would be involved in changing hosts? Unlike here, HC seems to be a one man operation as far as code monkey stuff, I wonder if that isn't part of the reason they have not taken some of these cost savings step.
On our last server move, our host installed PHP, MySQL, apache for us and then moved over our files/databases all at no cost to us. I was just around to fix some server paths in the software since they had changed. Once I changed those, I verified the site worked, and then turned it back on. Not much effort on my part at all. On other server moves, I have hired a kid in England to do the move for us which includes installing PHP, MySQL, apache, and moving over all our files/databases. He usually takes two hours, so $200 dollars. I play with the coding on our site, but I don't like doing server moves so I always hire someone to make sure it gets done right.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes