Thread: splitting files
View Single Post
Old 2008-11-14, 12:53 PM

Re: splitting files

shift type doesn't matter much... backward is default and fine in 99.99% of cases

disregard my previous comment... with cdwave you're golden

when it comes to burning audio cdrs EAC is best because it can burn with correct offsets if you configure it properly (see link in my signature). when you get it spot-on it is actually possible to burn to audio cdr, re-extract and maintain exact matching fingerprints! normally there is not a hope in hell of doing such a thing.

before you burn anything you should run a len check to test for SBEs just in case. or if you use foobar2000 as your player here's a nifty trick:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssamadhi97
SBE checking code for foobar2000

To add file format independent SBE indication to your playlist, append the following code to your playlist formatting string (Preferences -> Display -> Title formatting, Playlist tab):

$ifgreater($mod(%_length_samples%,588),0,$rgb(180,90,90,180,90,90)$num($mod(%_length_samples%,588),3 ),)

The result looks kinda like this:

Tracks with a red number after the playing time have an SBE. For example, in the screenshot above, only the Stolen Ogre tracks have SBEs.

note the nifty PacMan progress bar
if there's no red numbers, there's no SBEs

if you just want to burn audio cdrs quickly burrrn freeware can do it directly from FLAC files ... of course your checksums will be ruined by not using EAC, but only by your drive's offset, the rest will be sample-accurate (so long as there's no SBEs).

for DATA CDRs/DVD-R/DVD+R etc I love imgburn freeware ... essential imo!!

there is no advantage to Nero these days, its bloatware to the max!!

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes