View Single Post
Old 2008-09-17, 11:52 AM

Re: What about High Definition streams?

I am glad you are open to the varying uses of the word "camera", let me be more specific "video camera". Did you bother to look up the Sanyo HD1000? I didn't think so...

Quote:

Sanyo HD1000
http://www.sanyodigital.com/specifications.aspx?v=17

Features:
Full 1080i HD Video Recording
10x Optical (f/1.8) HD Zoom Lens
4 Megapixel Still Photos
Records Directly to SDHC Memory Cards

VPC-HD1000

Full 1080i HD Sensor
Incorporating the latest high-definition CMOS sensor, the SANYO Xacti HD1000 camcorder captures full 1920x1080 (1080i) high-definition video at 60 frames-per-second. Designed to record the rich and vibrant colors of real life, the HD1000 also captures the subtle tones to provide the natural-looking result. The HD1000's CMOS sensor provides the responsiveness needed to capture fast moving subjects and SANYO’s noise reduction technology helps obtain the cleanest signal from each pixel. The HD1000 records to the latest in MPEG-4 standard MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, delivering exceptional video clarity and detail while maintaining the smallest file size possible.

10x Optical HD Lens
At the front of the HD1000 is a commanding 10x all-glass HD lens. The HD1000's fast f/1.8 lens is capable of allowing almost four times more light through than conventional models to assist in lower light venues. Consisting of eight groups and eleven total lenses with a built-in neutral density filter, the HD1000's lens provides a fantastic field-of-view with a 38-380 mm range (35 mm equivalent). Combined with the 10x digital zoom, the HD1000 provides up to 100x total zooming capability.

Resolutions -

Full-HD 1920 x 1080 (60 fields/s 12Mbps) [HD-HR] 1280 x 720 (60fps, 12Mbps), [HD-SHQ] 1280 x 720 (30fps, 9Mbps), [TV-HR] 640 x 480 (60fps, 6Mbps ), [TV-SHQ] 640 x 480 (30fps, 3Mbps), [Web-SHQ] 320 x 240 (30fps)

So, tell me how a cap of say Glastonbury from BBC which is in H.264 is different from what I am proposing above with my camera? The difference is the container, H.264 can use a .TS or .MP4 container but it's the same codec. Granted, I don't know how to make a BR with my material, but just because I can't show someone how doesn't mean they should be devoid of the material I could offer. I see this as more of an issue of being poorly informed, closed minded, and dare I say laziness than about the integrity of the material here on the site. It's easier to not include the .MP4 container all together to weed out possible "cell phone" videos than to trust the members of the site or do a little bit of policing on material. If making it easier is the plan, force HD uploads to have full size screen shots or 10 second samples so that people who are interested in downloading can check it for themselves, then report if there is an issue. I realize HD torrents will be large, no one wants to waste time or bandwidth on something that is not what it claims to be, but to cut off a source of other material...well....

Quote:
High Definition Transport Stream (.ts) is preferred format for straight digital captures of HD TV broadcasts.
TS is a container, not a format. DVD is a format.

Quote:
Not permitted is rough not authored .m2ts file due it larger size than the transport stream (.ts) format.
Again, misinformation. An .m2ts is the same size as a .TS file, different container. You can directly take an .m2ts, correct it's characteristics to conform to the TS container, but the size difference is not significant. If it were significant going from one container to another, that would be a reencode which you have said you do not allow.

Yes, I did read the rules. For HD at this time you are only allowing -
1) HDTV captures of concerts such as Glastonbury, Rothbury 2008, etc to be seeded as they are without the need for structuring to BR
2) Audience HD captures, but only if presented in the BR recordable structure similar to DVD

I also will point out that part of my frustration with this tracker is the lack of communication. There was a Buffalo Tom DVD banned from here based on the fact that the source material was HD in a .MP4 container with the codec being H.264. I created this DVD and was quite proud of it, I was also miffed it was banned. I wrote to admins, mods, etc. several times about this trying to clarify that it was original HD material reencoded to DVD format. Very similar to a MPEG .TS file being encoded to DVD MPEG standard which, from what I can understand, is allowed here. I never received resolution on this despite several PMs and promises it would be discussed and resolved. I would very much like to seed more material here at TTD, I admit I don't seed much audio here any more, but would like a more appreciated atmosphere for HD material. I have not attempted to upload my audience HD shows anywhere, but feel this tracker would be best suited for it instead of Dime or others, but with the guidelines, I can not.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes