Thread: firewalled
View Single Post
Old 2006-09-10, 12:30 AM
TTD Staff

Re: firewalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewayne
the head computer guru where i work (major university) says it's just an urban myth.
Sorry, but this cracks me up. Has he seriously never heard of a firewall? So XPs 'firewall' is a myth (and the Mac one also)? And are router firewalls a myth also? And portforward.com is just some joke site someone put out also, right?

On a serious note, have you done a NAT check? http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl What does it say about torrents from here? And then try it with a torrent from another site. Not all sites will tell you if you are firewalled (I don't think etree does). So, you might want to try that test for torrents from different sites and see if it really is different for different sites. If it is, then I think we may need to look into what ports you are using and how you have your bt client configured. If you have your ports properly forwarded for your bt client, you should be fine on any bt site.

Edit to add: I notice you are using port 6881. A lot of ISPs are blocking or limiting those ports. You may do better to try ports in the range of 50000-55000 (not that many, just a couple in that range).

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes