View Single Post
Old 2009-08-08, 04:54 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealtadawn View Post
... Problem: I decoded from flac to wav no problem except that the wav files have that snap/pop/silence between tracks. So, after reading info from first 3 pages in this thread, I used the fix SBEs and it recoded the files, but (1) there is still a discernable pause/break between tracks, (2) it added a '-fixed' to each track name and I don't want that. So, is there a way to convert from flac to wav and fix the SBE issue properly right then rather than after the fact, if so, how? If not, ok, but how do I do the fix properly so the tracks are seemless? Also, what do I do to not have the '-fixed' at the end of title? ...
1) TLH does not add any snaps/pops/silence when decoding from flac (or any other supported format) to wav. You get exactly the same raw wav data that was used before it was encoded to flac.

2) If the original wav data was not cut on sector boundaries, and if there was no aligning on sector boundaries used when the wav data was encoded, TLH can fix this. But if the source comes with pauses/breaks between tracks that are not caused by SBEs you have to use an audio editor to remove the pauses/breaks.

3) The '-fixed' suffix at the end of file names cannot be automatically removed, you have to do that manually. This is on the to-do-list for the nex release of TLH.

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes