Thread: Firewalled
View Single Post
Old 2006-09-11, 11:00 PM

Re: firewalled

well, I have the local ip set as static and I have gone through port forwarding on my router to that address. I'm getting typical download speeds at 175 kB/sec but my upload is for sh*t though at 6kB/sec.

uTorrent still reads me as non-portforwarded though because it wants to test the 131 address. This site still reads me as firewalled. I've turned my XP Firewall off and uTorrent is in the trusted programs of my internet security program, PC-cillin, so I don't know what the hang up is. How do I get uTorrent to read my port as forwarded?

I don't think my router is static yet. Again, my router is a Netgear WGR614v6 for reference. On the basic settings page, I was unable to deselect "Get Dynamically From ISP" and select "Use Static IP Address" under INTERNET IP ADDRESS because it came up with the external address autofilled but not the DNS field. I could enter a number in the DNS that wouldn't wreck my connection to the internet. I couldn't enter my internal address info into those fields without wrecking my connection either.

I went to LAN IP SET UP under advanced settings. There was a box there that said "Use router as dhcp server" which I was unable to uncheck without wrecking my internet connection. The best I think I was able to do was reserve an ip address under that menu heading.

anyone else run across this situation?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes