Thread: Firewalled
View Single Post
Old 2006-09-11, 05:28 PM

Re: firewalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewayne
did all the portforwarding. on the part where it says to enter your static ip addy the numbers are: 192.169.1[blank] but the numbers when I get to my router settings are: 192.168.2.102 and when I click on the staus button on the router page it lists this as ip:192.168.1.3

will this make a difference or should I just go with that?
this is actually sort of an issue I was looking for assistance with as well. I've followed the portforward.com directions as best as I can but there still seems to be a continuing discrepancy between what my computer is telling me is my static IP address is and what external clients are reading my IP as.
uTorrent tests its port forward on an ip address of 131.191.95.13 which is also the same address that portforward.com tells me is my external address and is also the address that my Netgear WGR614v6 router auto fills in when I switch it to “static IP”

Problem is, when I set my operating system to static, it gives me an ip address of 192.168.1.2 when I do the “command” “ip config/all” steps. I’ve tried to resolve the two ip’s but it usually ends up with me having to reset my router because I cut myself off from the internet connection.
There doesn’t seem to be anything on portforward.com to help with this. Does anyone have any experience solving this problem?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes