View Single Post
Old 2010-03-19, 06:50 PM

Re: VHS Transfers & Quality [moved from the Van Halen Largo thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxedart
there is more to it than just popping a dub of a dub into a camera or VTR, hitting play, and than hitting record on a stand alone DVD burner.
Correct.

Quote:
the person who does it is not a god.
Assertion.

Quote:
This thread arose because a person appears to take their hobby way to seriously
You should be so fortunate that guys like myself
take this hobby seriously and provide material so that you could make unfounded comments about.

Quote:
and feels their dubbing method is the best that ever will be, could be and ever was
Based on the results ive gotten, yes I would say emphatically
it is one of the best if not the best methods to transfer most vhs/svhs tapes.

Quote:
and not only are they happy with the results they feel everyone else should be as well.
They should be and very lucky to have gotten any results at all.

Quote:
As for your comment about someone being "the ONLY person able to provide something new to the community", that is highly doubtful. There is new material coming out all the time from all sorts of sources.
Its an absolute lie to say there are new sources coming out all the time. Where are they? Give me examples of "new material" video "sources" that pop up "all the time".

Quote:
nor is there just one person who's job it is to seek out everything.
And what have you seeked out with a great deal of hard work and uploaded here other than some Avril Lavigne capture that any handful of people who upload here could have done probably while sitting on the toilet?

Quote:
On the other hand if a person is living in their own space bubble
I think you'd have to be living in a space bubble to write the posts you've made.

Quote:
and what they do is "great"
There are different definitions of great that all apply to me and what I do:
1. My upgrades are of importance and significance in the trading community. People enjoy and love them because people like myself search out for this stuff.
2. I do a great job
3. Im someone who has achieved a lot by working hard and putting a lot of effort into
finding low gen upgrades and producing them, therefore I am one of the greats in the entire trading and collecting community.

Quote:
thusly they "deserve respect"
Correct

Quote:
because, in their minds, they are "the only members of this community" providing material.
Correct.

Quote:
But in reality, and mind you that I have been involved in the trading community for decades, that one person does not exist.
If you have been around for decades and all you have provided is some nonsense captures of stuff that any number of people can do, than you gotta be kidding me.
You also claim to work in the entertainment industry which I dont buy for a second and ill explain why. Results.
Again, I go by results and you have provided zero.
Twenty years in trading and you work in the entertainment industry and you have ZERO results to show for it. You should have some fantastic stuff that you have acquired from your sources within the entertainment industry, where are they? Until you provide that material, nothing you have to say is something id respect or take seriously and will be treated as me sweeping crumbs on the floor.