View Single Post
Old 2008-04-05, 02:42 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Audio video synch conundrum

you should be fine in regards to torrenting it here, nothing wrong with upgrading a video show with better audio

sounds to me like you'll do the VHS transfer, and you'll only use the cam's audio when there is no alternate SBD audio...as to the speed inconsistencies, considering the vid is in "clips" [i'm assuming the missing parts are in between songs], you shouldn't have that much drift [as opposed to if the video was one long shot] -- so at each break int he video, cut & re-align the next song's vid with the audio...if its still off by the end of each track, i recommend adjusting the speed of the vid, NOT the audio...in this case, you'd want top slow the speed of the video track to match the audio

as for filler, use whatever you want...personally i think open-source footage that fits the feel of the music would be nice, but pics or whatever werks as well

as for the points where the audio source switches, you'll want each source to be peaking around the same amount [so the overall volume of each is about equal], and then a few second fade between the two blend the two aight

can't help you with those programs specifically, but any other ?s and i'll try to help as best i can