View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 11:11 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Speeds negligible with BT.

As suggested, do a real bandwidth test and tell us what the results say. (just google Cable Bandwidth Test). Run it a couple of times to make sure the results are consistent.

I have a link in my sig about forwarding ports throught the XP firewall. However, it may be best to simply disable it while trying to figure this out. You may have to restart your computer after you disable it.

Regarding only seeing 50 seeds out of 300, that is typical. There is a setting in bt that tells how many people you are willing to connect to per torrent. Other people have that same setting. I think for Azureus, my default is 80 per torrent (under Options > Transfer) and 400 for all torrents open. So, if there were 150 leechers on a torrent I was seeding, I could only connect to 80 of them at max.

NAT check: http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl Or, stop all your torrents in Azureus, quit and then start the application again. Before starting any torrents, go to the Configuration Wizard and a couple steps in it will test your port for you.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes