View Single Post
Old 2006-01-06, 11:40 PM

Speeds negligible with BT.

Hey again everyone. Been a while since I've been around. I'll try to keep this post short, as I do tend to get wordy at times.

Problem: Any torrent I try to download gets practically no speed (d/u) at all. I haven't been able to successfully download anything with BT in months. I've tried different clients (BitComet, ABC, Azureus, TurboTorrent, G3Torrent, etc), and there seems to be no difference. I have a cable modem, and my cap is about 3mb, I think. Regardless of that, my speed is nothing, aside from getting connected occasionally. I don't know that my connection shows as yellow... I may actually get fully connected, but just without any download.

This is a computer I built, so and that makes it doubly frustrating that BT won't work. There are a couple other issues (every Sunday my system clock drops two hours, and I can't make the ATI tv play sound through my speakers), but those are something else.

Ok, system info. WinXP Pro, SP2 Build 2600, 3.0ghz pentium, 2gb Geil RAM, etc (point is it's not an "old computer" problem). I don't have a router, and use the Windows Firewall. My network card is a Microsoft card, I think an MN-150. It's the one that was in my old computer, and the old computer was fine with BT.

I've read through many pages (at least 10) of posts in Technobabble with no help. I'm not new to BT, and have tried everything I can think of. I actually can't think of all that much, unfortunately.

Can anyone help? If I didn't provide enough info, or left something out, please just let me know and I'll fill in the blanks.

Thanks!!