Old 2022-01-29, 05:58 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTDaddy View Post
Howdy

I use TLH daily and love it. I'm trying to create checksums of a folder full of Beatle stuff, and I get a message that any file titled "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" "does not exist". Everything else is recognized, but every time THAT name comes up the program skips it. Can anyone enlighten me as to why? Thanks in advance!
Is it just one file, or are there more files named as such?
Did you try renaming the file? I just tried to rename a flac file to Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da.flac and it didn't fail to create the md5 checksums, but perhaps your operating system has issues with some characters e.g. a comma in the filename. (I'm on Windows 11)
However I assume it's more likely that the file is corrupt. What happens when you test the file, e.g. run the option "Test Encoded Files" or "Show Audio file details"?

Can you copy/paste the Process Log?
Second the questions...

Whenever TLH has to process a file it first checks (via a Windows function) whether or not the file exists. The file contents can be any crap the OS just checks its internal list of file names for the path given. So I don't think file corruption is the reason - and, because of the initial check for file existence, running other tasks on the file will fail too.

As tunic I guess this is a problem with the filename that may have some Unicode characters in it (TLH is not able to handle such characters). As suggested, copy a file, rename it and try again to create the checksum.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes