View Single Post
Old 2008-01-11, 03:12 PM
Music of the Spheres

Re: Got the call from Comcast !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstyle View Post
We are well into 1984/2112, if only more folks would wake the fuck up and notice.
It's my firm belief people won't care to do anything until they're no longer able to go to Walmart and buy junk.

Communist Russia would've been a smashing success if they only followed the Walmart model. Give people the illusion of choice (shitpile1 is on sale for $10.99!) Pay them just enough to survive.

Quote:
If more people continued to hammer away at customer service/supervisors with the addition of complaints to local regulatory boards
Well, in this area, I'll likely be the only one protesting at all. I know from experience. A much bigger injustice happened to us, involving a mobile home park, corrupt public officials and an unscrupulous landowner. I wrote letters to every level of government here, never got a reply beyond (best response "we're sorry to hear about that!" So apparently in Luzerne County, PA. it's perfectly acceptable for a wealthy landowner to commit illegal acts. Given how corrupt this area is, I would be shocked if they give a crap about what wealthy Comcast is doing. After all, it's only ONE person complaining! (That was Pennsylvania's District Attorney and Consumer Protection's response.)

Quote:
and maybe even a few photocopied warnings to other prospective customers duct-taped to strategic phone poles in the area, etc,
Heh with my luck they'd sue me for damaging their telephone poles! (Yes, previously mentioned landlord threatened to do that when I posted flyers about them committing illegal acts.)

Quote:
Upper mgmt will get the message mighty fast that way.
I don't think they care. Not as long as someone is still able to stuff their pockets.

Quote:
Competition will increase as more people demand alternatives. We all need to be squeakier wheels is all.
The US hates competition.

Tell ya the truth, I think the whole money paradigm has to go bye bye. How or when, I don't know. Maybe when we can reproduce gold and material objects, like on Star Trek, heh.

Quote:
I had to laugh at the "polls" which showed the other day that voters are more concerned about the economy than the war!!
Why should we care about other peoples suffering, when Walmart has a sale on! Dude, yer unpatriotic :P

Quote:
That's classic. No connection between them, folks! We can just go on borrowing hundreds of billions from China and Japan and watch 100-dollar oil crush our economy while Lockheed and Boeing and Exxon stock skyrockets.
The last gasp of the baby boomers, trying to rake up piles before they die.

As a genX'er, I'm waiting for them to die so we can loot their friggen corp.ses :P

Quote:
Bandwidth is power, more and more. That we can communicate and organize like this is something they fear.
And hey, y'all really think they aren't fuming that we are getting all this "free" entertainment?
Stick it to them every way you can, and if we all share what we learn, things will change.
Absolutely.

Quote:
PS Hang up immediately on anyone who calls you and won't give their name. They must identify themselves with a company id number and a first name. It's the law; use it against them for a change.
I did find the number on my caller ID, and updated the letter I'm sending to say so, so that there's no confusion about it being a spoofed call. I found elsewhere someone posted the phone numbers for Comcast's Abuse Dept, and that's the number that was on my caller ID so I'm pretty sure it was Comcast.

I didn't hang up cos I wanted to hear the bullshit for myself. Unbelievable. I wish I'd recorded it just as proof of what they're doing, but it's already been documented all over the place, just google it! heh

Ohh and with companies like Comcast, it doesn't matter if you get an ID from them, when you call back, they will deny that person ever worked there! They got their telephone shuffle routine down pat.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes