View Single Post
Old 2008-02-06, 12:23 AM

Re: The tracker doesn't show leechers for this torrent..SOLVED !!! (tech explanation please..)

At the end, I downloaded the torrent from TC to compare in the utorrent "General" tab for the torrent, the values for Pieces and Hash for both of them, TC and TTD, and are identic:
TTD: 1319 x 256 kB (have 1319)
TTD: 562AF9C94AB7FB8750393FE30F4CE4CDA265635D

TC : 1319 x 256 kB (have 1319)
TC : 562AF9C94AB7FB8750393FE30F4CE4CDA265635D

I deleted the TTD torrent, and loaded the TC one.
After In the properties of the torrent I DELETED the TC tracker url, and restarted it.
Now I'm still connected to the same leecher, it has the H flag, which means: H = Peer was obtained through DHT.

This is that this leechers of the first day and todays one, found my seeded files through DHT, (because the hash table was the same) not the trackers, and the trackers cannot "see" or follow the DHT trafic...
It seems is not necessary to have the two trackers in the torrent to be connected.

I was interested to read more about DHT, found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_table

....Distributed hash tables (DHTs) are a class of decentralized distributed systems that provide a lookup service similar to a hash table: (name, value) pairs are stored in the DHT, and any participating node can efficiently retrieve the value associated with a given name. Responsibility for maintaining the mapping from names to values is distributed among the nodes, in such a way that a change in the set of participants causes a minimal amount of disruption. This allows DHTs to scale to extremely large numbers of nodes and to handle continual node arrivals, departures, and failures.

DHTs form an infrastructure that can be used to build more complex services, such as distributed file systems, peer-to-peer file sharing and content distribution systems, cooperative web caching, multicast, anycast, domain name services, and instant messaging.
Notable distributed networks that use DHTs include BitTorrent (with extensions), eDonkey network, YaCy, and the Coral Content Distribution Network...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes