View Single Post
Old 2007-03-15, 06:39 AM

Re: Organizing Torrents on The Traders' Den - Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
I can't really add too much to this. We have discussed it before and one of the problems is the whole thing of people putting Band A into Category 1, 5, and 6 all based on what they feel like. So, in order to find all the band's torrents, you need to look through all of those categories.
Actually, you are misinformed. On Dime, navigation works on several levels at once. You can do individual artist searches in the same way you can on this site, and every torrent (active or dead, your choice) will come up in the search for that particular artist, from multiple musical catagories, all on one list. So you see, it's not at all about pidgeonholing music, defining music, judging music - it's about ease of navigation. Apparently, many people on this site have issues about labeling music. As I said, I'm new here, and I didn't know this idea was hashed out before. It honestly never occurred to me that having seeders decide what catagory their torrents would be listed under was a hot button issue. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited by chalcedony; 2007-03-15 at 06:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes