View Single Post
Old 2006-05-03, 05:59 PM

Re: Suddenly I am FIREWALLED: What gives? HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randytravis
Start > Run > cmd at the command prompt: ipconfig /all

it will tell you the default gateway address (the router IP), as well as the IP address for your computer.
It's all good. I'm not THAT much of a nOOB. The problem is, that I've been there, I know the router IP and the IP that my ISP assigned me. I can access my router and forward the ports, but to setup the static IP, it seems that it requires me to keep the one assigned by my ISP. The LAN sees my router at 192.etc...., but TDD sees me at 24.etc. Like I said, I need to do some more reading and I'll figure this out.

I think that the new "FIREWALLED" icon is good because I am learning (as are many others) that my setup isn't perfect even though I've done port forwarding before and gotten my older school BT SHADOW to go from yellow to green...there's more to understand.

However,

If your upload is capped at 45kbps and you're uploading at that capacity, aren't you sharing as much as possible, firewalled or not?

OR: ...is the answer to that question:

Your download rate would be higher if you weren't firewalled, REGARDLESS of if your upload is maxed or not?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes