View Single Post
Old 2006-05-02, 06:23 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Suddenly I am FIREWALLED: What gives? HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancolostate
Lynne,

You are constantly of great help. I don't know how something as simple as putting in a second HD could screw my settings on my router so badly. I just don't know what has happened. This is the exact same network setup I've used since joining TTD, so why I am suddenly firewalled is a mystery to me.

I am far from a nOOb at port forwarding and I am sure that I have specified to have those ports open. I have configured the "local" network and disabled DHCP in the local network.

In the basic setup menu for a static IP, do I want to put the router's IP (191.etc.....) for the internet IP address instead of the 24.9.xx.xxx? OR, am I just doing that for the "local" network, i.e. the router.

Man. What an unexpected pain in the ass! I've configured this computer for BT several times and never seen "FIREWALLED". How the hell can putting in a second HD F*ck my internet settings?

I'm not sure why it would suddenly change. However, as Aaron said, I just changed the code to put FIREWALLED up under the user stats about two or three days ago. Many users weren't checking the Peers List to see if they were firewalled, so I figured I would put it somewhere where it was a bit more obvious. That being said, if you are on several torrents and you are only firewalled on one, that may be the one that the query picks up on and thus tells you you are firewalled.

Anyway, when you say "basic setup menu for a static IP", are you talking about in your computer network settings? In there, you want to put your local static IP which looks like 192.168.1.xxx. It will probably ask for your router's IP there also, and to your computer, your router is at the IP 192.168.1.1 (usually).

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes