View Single Post
Old 2010-01-17, 04:54 PM

Re: Port forwarding problems

default gateway is 192.168.0.1

I tried googling up the name of my router, and found the ip address for it and made almost to the end of the portforward instructions here

http://www.portforward.com/english/r...0/Utorrent.htm

At the very bottom of the page it says

Use the Lan Device box to choose a computer to forward ports to. This box contains a list of computer names that are visible on your network. Select the applications you just created in the Available Rules list, then click the Add >> button to move them to the Applied Rules box. When you are finished, click the Apply button.

I have no idea what any of this means. The Lan device (whatever that is) has a default listing which seems to match something I saw earlier about my PC. So I selected that. But I don't know what it means to "choose a computer to forward ports to." And I don't know what it means to "Select the applications you just created in the Available Rules list" because I didn't create any applications that I know of. And I can't find anything about utorrent to add to the list.

At any rate, I downloaded the portchecker tool and it says my port (the one utorrent is using) is not forwarded.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes