View Single Post
Old 2010-01-17, 01:15 PM

Port forwarding problems

Dime is telling me I'm firewalled, which makes no sense because I made an exception in my Windows XP firewall for that program. Plus, Traders Den is not telling me I'm firewalled. But the mods claim I am, and since there does not seem to be forums there, I'm asking this here. Here is the message I got from the Dime mods:

To get rid of the firewalled problem you have to
allow incoming connections for the ports your client uses and if you
have a router, you'll need to forward the same ports in your router as
well. It's more advisable to set your client to use a certain port range
(for example 45310-45319) and then allow incoming connections for this
certain port range in your firewall and forward the same ports in your
router.

I can't find anything in utorrent that allows me to "set my client to use a certain port range". I can randomize it, and that's it. But here at the FAQ, it tells me to go to portforward.com.

I barely understand what a port or an IP address is, but I'm trying to follow the instructions at portforward.com. All went well until I got to the part where it told me to type in my router's IP address into my browser. I'd already gone into the start--> run ipconfig/all and written down the info, including IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and name servers. Then it told me to set up a static IP address, which seemed to go OK.

Then about halfway down this page http://www.portforward.com/english/r...0/Utorrent.htm ...it tells me to Enter the ip address of your router in the address bar of your browser.

I assume the "IP address of my router" is simply the IP address I wrote down from the black screen when I typed 'ipconfig/all'. So I typed it into the browser and hit enter, but it timed out and I got an error message. Everything seems to have hit a brick wall at this point. Can someone help?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes