View Single Post
Old 2009-04-16, 05:35 PM

Re: Is this FM, lossy or DAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
hey Karst can you add a link to a sample/very short song via flac rapidshare link?

could be 32kHz dat but can't quite see enough from these shots...
Hi!
I've talked about this with Karst, so he shoud post the track "Deliverance".

That's what I found and told him

"... the only thing I found strange is that the guy who gave you this show said is BBC recording, but to me it's an audience (but outstanding recording as close around the taper you can hear some people chatting, laughing or clapping.

The most evident clips are in "deliverance":
- 0:08->0:13 there's people speaking/screaming too close to the taper
- 2:34->2:38 you can hear clearly someone clapping too loud and near the taper, too much over the overall sound of the instruments/voice of the band

that's should not happen or be heard in a SBD recording, also the sound is a little bit "distant" (the club-echoing while wayne speaks during the stop of beyond t.p., even if there's delay effect on his mic) and all is too "hall-reverbered", also often Wayne's mic changes too much sound direction or power, getting confused with the overall sound, whild SBD have all instruments and voice in a distinct position in the stereo (or mono) channels.

Obviously it's my personal opinion (and ears :-) ), but I'm quite sure of what I said and actually doesn't matter to post it there, II'll do it only if at TDD will think it's a mixing desk DAT 32khz, or they would not be sure of what kind of source it is...
"

Then it happened what I thought and so I'm posting this to you staff !!

Obvoiusly I also found strange the Spec analysis and maybe even if it's an AUD rec, it could be possible they did with somethig similar to a 32khz DAT

Regards
Gagliem
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes