Thread: 24 bit question
View Single Post
Old 2007-09-12, 09:10 PM
The Rover

Re: 24 bit question

I am glad this came up. I was using Nero for a long time to make DVDA discs, but they are actually data dvds.

I now however use disc welder chrome , and find that there is no comparison. I would like to know how some of these dvda discs on this and other sites are not showing any audio files in the dvd folders. From what I understand a DVDA has aob files in the Audio-Ts folder and nothing in the Video-Ts folder.
Anyway I guess my question is how can we tell if a dvda on this site or anywhere else is real or if it is in it's orignal form? with AOB files instead of Vob files. My audio dvd creator just creates vob files in the video-ts folder ,and nothing in the audio-ts folder. Everything I've read so far, and I have a long way to go, say a true dvda has aob files and an audio-ts folder.

Are boots like the zeppelin Badgeholders dvda real or someone made it with audio dvd creator. Do the real bootlegs have aob files? and if so they should maybe stay that way since they will burn just like any other dvd. they should not be converted to vob files, IMHO

I would really like to know from someone who has a few bought dvda's what files are really on them. That would help my outlook on this a whole lot. I got a feeling that the bootleggers are not using real dvda recording equipment to make these dvda's, and they are using regular dvd recording programs ,and sellling them as dvda's.

P.S. - can I make dvda's and upload them on this site if I am not losing any quality by making a real dvda with a program like disc welder? I have made a few so far ,and they sound great. I don't care either way, I make for my own self, but I have a feeling others have done this as well. I feel that only the true bootleg originals should be allowed, and dvda's home made should stay on vines. I f this is allowed this may really get out of hand. On one hand I can convert a whole 3 cd concert onto a dvda and make it surround sound, and fit it on one dvda. I am not sure if to start doing this and reuploading as new torrents is very practical.

How do you check to see if a dvda is homemade or a boot? how exactly can you check this as well as the other music?

not tryin to get anyone mad saying they are making own dvda's, i am just tryin to learn what is what with these things.

lol, evan772