View Single Post
Old 2022-11-30, 06:33 PM

Re: iPhone .M4A>WAV Archiving Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifH12345 View Post
Forget about normalizing. If you don’t like the gaps, do a cross fade to hide the transition. But if you do that, you’re further damaging the continuity of the concert which, I personally, am not a big fan of doing. Better to find a patch.
You don’t have to hold anything above your head, just wear it on your body or hat.

Try experimenting with a faux stereo plug-in like Sheppi or Wider. They’re both free.
While the artificial stereo effect plug-in does sound fun to play with, I don’t think that’s the version people would want to see uploaded here.

There’s a few I’ve taped that are sonically indistinguishable from those done with a proper portable recorder. Admittedly, there are others from my pocket in the pit that have a slew of compression/busting/rustling noise etc. I’d love to correct these flaws before uploading, but I know I’m not nearly qualified enough.

In the right venue, the built-in mic on an iPhone 14 Pro can produce great results. If I could afford the famed MV88, I’d get one. But with ticket prices, gas, and parking what they are, no chance!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes