Thread: TLH Error?
View Single Post
Old 2010-09-30, 08:43 AM
TTD Staff

Re: TLH Error?

After all these years I'm still somewhat irritated from time to time because of the problems users are reporting (no offense meant). Here we go... some answers, hints and remarks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonytokes View Post
I've been checking a show for SBEs with TLH for an upload here. I extracted the files to wave and opened them in the analysis tab and when I click on "check" it goes through the files and the message I get for each reads: information about audio data is not available. ...
Quote:
... I'm thinking that because the files are 24bit/96K that TLH is having trouble...
Sector boundary errors only make sense in connection with burning an audio CD. According to the Red Book standard audio CDs hold data in minimum block (sector) sizes of 1/75th second. If you burn an audio file to an audio CD, and its length is not an exact number of sectors, the last sector will be padded with digital silence by your burning program. This microgap is referred to as a sector boundary error and often audible as silence or click when listening to the CD. Among the rest, the Red Book specifies the form of digital audio encoding on an audio CD as 2-channel 16-bit sampled at 44100 Hz. That's why TLH tells you information about audio data is not available when you try to check other than 16 bit 44100 Hz encoded audio data for SBEs.

Quote:
... I'm not a complete noob, but there is very little documentation (i.e. a manual) for TLH ...
There was a manual with the v1.1.0.89 and v1.1.1.90 releases (took me months to write it). Unfortunately with v2.0.0.142 a lot of things were changed. So a new manual had to be written. This is a very time consuming task, and I didn't had the time. Sorry for that... But there is a thread called Trader's Little Helper in the Technobabble forum here at TTD. Ask or report problems over there, and you will always get an answer or help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonebloke View Post
Try converting the Wav's to Flac and test the Flac's for SBE's.
The file format (if supported) does not matter when checking for SBEs, the routine checking for SBEs is always the same. So there's no advantage or "better processing" if you convert the encoding format before checking for SBEs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_them_all1000 View Post
... Sometimes TLH is having problems with some weird characters. ...
With the latest release v2.6.0.168 these problems were fixed (at least I thought that). Which weird characters still cause problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
... check if your filenames have hyphens and/or spaces, because commands used by TLH interpret them as command line options/switches.
Sorry, but this is sheer nonsense.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes