View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 10:07 PM

Re: McLaughlin set list help, looking for experts-collectors

GRC

Thanks that helps! It appears that etree lists that date as Frankfurt. Fantastic the giglist you gave me confirms the venue!! I don't see how the taper Till Anderson would get it wrong, he did not! The sound is pretty good! And yes the 7/85 is with Hellborg, and it sounds fantastic! It is FM, and is probably not the London shows. the date may be undocumented. I set levels (and listened), and will transfer soon. Look for these shows to premiere here. Thanks again for the help!
I have a German friend or two at Zappateers who may help me with the set list, as some spoken word from the DJ may clue us in.
The tapes have some FM hiss, but sound nice still, they will of course not be messed with. They sound 1st gen! One bummer on both the last song is faded out to DJ. I'm also using a Nak CR 7A deck, and it kicks ass if you don't mind some subtle hiss, I bet the masters are fantastic, too bad Till is no longer active. I secured these tapes around 1989. I have more too from Till. I know some have circulated, but these low gens are going to be hard to beat.

Last edited by drew50; 2013-02-18 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes