View Single Post
Old 2010-09-25, 02:19 AM
iGene

Re: I want to post a megaupload file

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicada View Post
Gene D - Listening now & I gotta say this sounds fine-o! This cat is on fiy-o! For all of you who are up for a treat, check out Gene D's recording of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (the guitar player from Mars Volta) here is the link....

Thanks again for sharing your bliss

I think the visibility will go way up if you try to upload as a torrent. Nothing wrong with the external upload, but my observation is that they just don't get the heavy traffic like a standard upload. For me - I would rather 12 people get something they love, then 800 hits and nobody who will even bother to listen. It's not really about quantity if you love what your doing. Peace!
thanks again. I hope you see why I was so excited.

I guess the reason I got so passionate about the situation is that I don't get excited about much
- but this performance and recording re-lit my taping bug - and that to me is priceless.

I wanted to share this, and I guess I assumed that others would feel the same once they heard it.
I listened to the recording 10 times (then I got burned out on it).
I found 1 small glitch, not worth pointing out where.

I listen and see a lot of music, but this show just really did it for me (and I think everyone in the room)
Folks are still talking about it on the volta forum.
I assumed that seasoned tapers and traders would have a similar reaction.

My bad.