View Single Post
Old 2007-01-07, 11:30 AM
CheesyBob

Red face New Downloader with questions and a WELCOME

Hi all-

First a hearty welcome. This site is new to me, and I think Ive been up for 48 hours straight playing around. Ive been a Grateful Dead fan for 23 years and this place is a dream come true.

Just a few quick questions and comments since Im new to all this:

1. I really dont have anything to UPLOAD, or donate to the public, but im assuming that when I have finished dloading a show, that OTHERS will be able to dload it from me, correct?

2. Ive only got about 60 free gigs on my hard drive, so i can only store about 4-5 shows. Can I "compress" these shows or transfer them to an external hard drive, so I will have more to share with the public?

3. Im downloading the Vegas 91 show (Dew-Steve Miller) with uTorrent and was hitting about 50 kbps last night, but now am around 1/2 that, is this normal? I have a pretty good machine with cable.

4. Is it "normal" for a show to take 6-10 days to downlaod?

5. Once Ive dloaded the files, is there a recommended software that I use
for transferring these files onto dvds? I notice that the files are in "folders" (dvd1, dvd2, dvd3). Will the software know which files appear first? I dont want to transfer the show in the wrong order!

6. Finally, do these shows come with "cover art"? I noticed one of the Vegas shows had a lovely screen cap of dvd cover art, do they all come with this (probably not) Is there software available where I can create my own "cover art?

Ok, enough for now.

To Mattman, who I've read alot of posts from in the last 24 hours, thank you for sharing what you are sharing you are making so many people such as myself happy! There are so many of us, who, while we have our own busy hectic lives (wife, job, 4 year old daughter) miss Jerry and his magic terribly thats why Phil and Friends, RatDog, etc., while entertaining, just isnt the same without the magicman. Thank you for sharing these gems, they are TRULY priceless....my little girl loves "Berfa" and "Fiyo on the Mountain"

Warm regards to all-
CheesyBob

PS. For anyone who misses Jerry, heres a nice link to a 2 part 20 minute interview Jerry gave to ET (ET??!!) behind the scenes at the Vegas shows. It'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Its 2 parts. Its just amazing how he shines even off the stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fwwflbJHgM
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes